Beauty Diaries: Jean Claude Biguine Salon launches Kerafusion ...
- It’s Fast – The complete Kerafusion process takes 1 hairstylist 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the length and texture of hair.
- It’s Affordable – Kerafusion is priced at nearly half the cost of the leading Keratin treatments available in India, hence making it affordable for both the stylists and their clients.
- It’s Safe – Unlike more Keratin treatments, there are no harsh fumes or smoke during the application and activation of the treatment. It is also approved by FDA & OSHA hence making it a safe treatment for stylists and consumers alike.
- Acai Berry – Repairs the hair cuticle while deeply moisturizing the hair and adding shine.
- Keratin Protein: A structural protein which forms a protective coating on hair.
- Vitamins A & E: Conditioning agents which repair dry and damaged hair.
- Shea Butter: Smoothens and softens dry hair by locking in moisture in the hair.
- Olive Oil: Helps to soothe chemically stressed hair and helps in optimum growth.
- Step 1: Do a client consultation and check the hair and scalp for any cuts, sores or abrasions before continuing the treatment.
- Step 2: Begin with the Kerafusion Clarifying Shampoo to open the cuticles of the hair. Virgin hair should take 3 washes, chemically treated hair around 2 washes. Tip: Do not scrub the scalp while shampooing the hair.
- Step 3: Towel dry the hair and then blow dry the hair on medium to low heat until the hair is 100% dry.
- Step 4: Part the hair into 4 parts and begin application of the Kerafusion Treatment. Tip: Always remember that less is more: Start with a small amount like 30 ml as this treatment does not require a lot of product.
- Step 5: Beginning in the back take 1” sub sections. Apply the treatment ¼” inch away from the scalp and only half way down the hair shaft. Comb through the section. This technique will save product and penetrate over saturation of the hair.
- Step 6: Comb the whole hair with a fine toothed comb to ensure even distribution of the product. Hair should be saturated with the Keratin treatment from roots to ends. Tip: Product should not be applied on the scalp.
- Step 7: If there was not enough to saturate the section, just add a small amount to the needed area. Repeat until the whole head is complete. Tip: Make sure the ends are completely saturated with the Keratin treatment.
- Step 8: Cover the hair with a plastic cap. Kerafusion treatment must remain in the hair for 30 to 45 minutes for the treatment to penetrate into the damaged cuticle. Do not rinse the solution out of the hair.
- Step 9: Using a blow dryer on cold dry, blast dry hair until it is completely dry.
- Step 10: Using a blow dryer on low to medium heat, blow dry hair with a paddle brush until it is completely dry. Tip: For the Kerafusion treatment we do not recommend high temperatures as this may cause hair to become brittle over a period of time.
- Step 11: Using a heat resistant carbon comb, part hair into four parts and start at the back of the head. Part hair into 1/8” sections and flat iron the hair from roots to ends at a temperature of no more than 200°c. Go over the section with the flat iron several times to seal the keratin into the cuticle. Tip: For the Kerafusion treatment we do not recommend high temperatures as this may cause hair to become brittle over a period of time.
- Finish: Use the Acai Oil to settle any fly away hair while adding extra shine and softness to the hair.
- After Care: Please wait 24 hours before washing the hair after the Kerafusion treatment is applied. After 24 hours, wash the hair with any De Fabulous Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner. Tip: After the service is done, advise your clients on how their hair will look and feel after the first wash.
If you feel the hair is quite resistant or if the hair is too damaged let the treatment stay on the hair for a minimum of 36 to 48 hours before rinsing off the treatment. This would ensure a better result for such types of hair
Always educate your clients on using the De Fabulous after care products, because it is formulated with this treatment, and the shampoo does not contain sulfate to strip off the keratin from hair as easily as regular shampoos. The Amazon Secret MuruMuru Anti-Frizz Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner is highly recommended after the Kerafusion treatment. Check out more details on what salon has to offer below:
Premium Beauty News
Jean-Claude Biguine: 30 years next year!
In 1982, this young man called Jean-Claude Biguine was probably far from imagining such an extraordinary career! Yet figures speak for themselves. Thirty years later, it is no less than 17500 customers who crowd each day the brand’s 289 hair salons including 120 of them located abroad, and 86 Beauty Salons. The whole of it with more than 1150 employees for a turnover totalling € 150 millions. Thirty “short” years later the “Jean-Claude Biguine” brand has never stopped, in addition, developing itself in all areas of beauty including make-up, under the Biguine makeup brand which currently represents an important share in the brand’s overall sales of products. Highlights on this saga with Brian Feinmann, Marketing and Communication Director of the Group. Premium Beauty News - It’s always difficult for a self made man to escape from his always unusual history!
Brian Feinman - Yes indeed, there is no exception! But what an adventure!
There is a young man from Brittany, who opens his first hair salon at the age of 22. He starts by designing a very functional hair salon and offers his customers very affordable services. Quickly, he opens his second and third hair salon, and then ten...
Premium Beauty News - What defines and influences from the start the Jean-Claude Biguine “style”?
Brian Feinman - The general public trend, easy to wear creations, everyday hairstyles free of stereotypes. Brown, blond or red haired women with long or short, smooth or straight hair, can be found without any distinction in his creations who ride on all strong current trends.
Premium Beauty News - But there have been some key milestones in this singularity so specific to Jean-Claude Biguine ?
Brian Feinman - Yes, everyone remembers of course in 1992 the famous without appointment “Shampooing/Brushing” service offer for only 50 francs (less than 8 euros) inscribed in huge letterings on each shop front that will truly democratize hairstyle.
Premium Beauty News - It true that at the time the trend was on franchised salons.
Brian Feinman - Jean Claude Biguine was clearly one of the forerunners in this field with his first franchised salon in Chambly in 1989. He already owned at the time five other salons under his own name. And in 1990, he launches Biguine Magazine. Two years later, it is no less than 70 Jean-Claude Biguine salons that open up in France.
Premium Beauty News - To this acceleration in France matches the first salon openings abroad.
Brian Feinman - Absolutely! The first one opens in Italy in 1994. Followed by Japan, Belgium and the United States in 1996. Two years later, Jean Claude Biguine has developed a network of 270 salons in the whole world. India is the latest country to date where we have set foot and where we already have 6 prestigious Beauty Salons where we can already claim a leading position.
Premium Beauty News - And with always one step ahead of competitors, it’s the launch of Biguine Make Up.
Brian Feinman - This takes place in 1998. The year where I actually integrate the company with, among others, the task to launch this range of make-up products. I say “among others” since in quick succession were launched ranges of traditional face body and hair care products, aromatherapy and 100% organic natural hair styling, colouring products, accessories, electronic beauty, sunglasses and ready to wear.
Incidentally, this line of colour cosmetics launched and distributed by the company Gade Eden hasn’t stopped growing with a development rate of its turnover of 5% for 2010/11.
This range offers a broad array of products comprising more than 350 references with some product innovations for each season. The quality of design, and of textures, the trendy colours, and a good quality/price ratio all contribute to make it a high performance range. It is sold in the Group’s Beauty Salons as well as in department stores like Monoprix (where we rank in fourth position), Le Printemps, Galeries Lafayette and such perfumeries chain stores as Douglas and Nocibé.
Premium Beauty News - In fact you have a multifunctional role?
Brian Feinman - Absolutely. My role consists among other things, to monitor the development from the conceptual phase to market launch with our industrial partners (testing, formula validations, design, packaging design, setting up of specifications, manufacturing and quality control) as well as promotion, public relations and partnerships.
Premium Beauty News - You have innovated with what you call “manucure et beauté brésiliennes” (Brazilian manicure and...